Dhanani School of Science & Engineering
Hira Zuberi is an architect, designer and urban thinker, who is a Lecturer and Associate at the Playground – Center for Transdisciplinary Design & Innovation. She received her Bachelor’s degree in Architecture from Indus Valley School of Art & Architecture, and her Master’s degree in Advanced Architecture from Institute for Advanced Architecture of Catalonia (IAAC). Her masters research studio was Intelligent Cities, where her thesis was an urban strategy for waste management of Hong Kong supported by the design of Floating Labs. Her current research interests are focused on critical and creative urban thinking through a transdisciplinary approach and to explore design research as a tool for pedagogical and social innovation. She has previously worked as an architect and designer and has taught at the Indus Valley School of Art & Architecture, Karachi.
- MA, Advanced Architecture, Institute for Advanced Architecture of Catalonia (IAAC), Barcelona, Spain.
- BArch, Bachelors of Architecture, Indus Valley School of Art & Architecture (IVS), Karachi, Pakistan.
- Speculative Urbanism
- Design Fiction
- Experimental City, Workshop, University College London, Bartlett, UK, July 2018.
- Rehabilitating Landscapes, Laajverd Visiting School, Naran Kaghan Valley, August 2016.
- Speculative & Critical Design, Summer School, University of Arts London, UK , July 2016.
- Collaborative Scholarship, Institute for Advanced Architecture of Catalonia (IAAC), Barcelona, Spain, 2017-2018.