Welcome to the HU Writing Center!
- Are you struggling with how to start your paper?
- Are you confused about citations?
- Do you feel unprepared for an upcoming presentation?
- Would you like to improve your grammar?
- Would you like some tips on boosting your reading skills?
Visit us at the Writing Center!
Who We Are and What We Do
The Writing Center provides support at every stage of the writing process – from brainstorming to making final revisions, including structuring, organizing, and building arguments.
- The Writing Center offers one-on-one tutoring, individualized learning support, as well as support for English as a second language.
- We also offer workshops throughout the semester and during semester breaks for students and staff to improve their academic and professional writing and communication.
- We also assist with theses, final-year project reports, IELTS/TOEFL preparation, and personal and research statements.
Please note that while visiting a tutor cannot guarantee higher grades or acceptance into a particular program, school, or job, regularly visiting the Writing Center for tutoring sessions has been known to make better independent writers of students, and has, in turn, resulted in better grades.
*We do not edit or proofread papers as we strive to inculcate the ability to self-edit.
Online Writing Centre Services
- How to Book an Appointment: The Writing Center is now offering online tutoring for all students. You are requested to use the YouCanBookMe page as usual to book appointments with a Writing Tutor.
- The days and timings of the Writing Tutors are the same as stated on the page.
- Once you have booked an appointment, you will receive an automated confirmation email. The concerned writing tutor will then send you a meeting link via Microsoft Teams. Just click on the given meeting link at the designated time and receive immediate feedback from a tutor in real time.
- The tutor may ask you to send your assignment to them via email or share your screen when you log on to the Teams app so that you can both see what portion of the text the tutor is referring to while they give you feedback.
If there are any technical issues, or the Writing Tutor has not contacted you, please email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Connect with us: To better facilitate students virtually, the Writing Center has its own MS Teams channel and Facebook group that you can join to stay connected and updated on upcoming workshops and events.
To join the Writing Center Teams channel, click here.
You can also join the Writing Center Facebook group to post questions, interact with fellow students and writing tutors, and generally stay up to date on events and workshops taking place at the Writing Center.