Welcome to the HU Writing Center!
- Are you stuck on how to start your paper?
- Are you confused about citations?
- Do you feel unprepared for an upcoming presentation?
- Would you like to improve your grammar?
- Would you like some tips on boosting your reading skills?
One-on-one Writing Tutoring
Writing Tutors are available to talk with you at any stage of your writing process, from brainstorming ideas and framing a thesis to polishing syntax, style, or presentation. We will work with you on your writing assignments or presentations for any course or discipline, including academic essays, lab reports, oral presentations, posters, PowerPoint presentations, senior thesis projects, as well as personal statements for university applications. How to Connect with a Writing Tutor?
- Book an Appointment with a Writing Tutor You can book an appointment with a writing tutor to ensure that you have a certain period of time reserved just for you. Visit https://huwc.youcanbook.me to book your appointment.
- Walk-in Consultation You can also just walk in to meet with a writing tutor. If they are not engaged with other students, they will work with you.
The Writing Centre also organizes a variety of workshops to support students with different aspects of their writing, such as how to form thesis statements, effective structuring and organization of your essay, building and substantiating arguments, paraphrasing and summarizing, etc. Workshops are announced throughout each semester. Keep checking our website for upcoming workshops.