Welcome to the HU Writing Center!
- Are you struggling with how to start your paper?
- Are you confused about citations?
- Do you feel unprepared for an upcoming presentation?
- Would you like to improve your grammar?
- Would you like some tips on boosting your reading skills?
Visit us at the Writing Center!
Who We Are & What We Do
The Writing Center provides support at every stage of the writing process – from brainstorming to making final revisions, including structuring and organizing your paper as well as building arguments. However, we do not edit or proofread papers as we strive to inculcate the ability to self-edit. Please note that while visiting a tutor cannot guarantee higher grades or acceptance into a particular program, school, or job, regularly visiting the Writing Center for tutoring sessions has been known to make better independent writers of students, and has, in turn, resulted in better grades. Additionally, we also arrange various workshops related to related to academic writing and reading skills which cater to both lower-level and upper-level students.
Timings: Monday to Friday and working Saturdays: 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Location: Library, Ground Floor
Online Writing Centre Services
- HU Writing Center is now offering online tutoring for all students. You are requested to use the YouCanBookMe page (link given below) as usual to book appointments with a Writing Tutor.
- The days of the Writing Tutors are the same as stated on the page. Their timings are the same too: i.e., 9:00 am to 5:00
- Once you have booked an appointment, the concerned tutor will contact you using Microsoft teams. All tutoring appointments will now take place using this application. This means you can now receive immediate feedback from a tutor in real time.
- The Writing Tutor may ask you to send your assignment to him or her when you log on to the Teams app so that you can both see what portion of the text the tutor is referring to while giving you feedback.
If there are any technical issues, or the Writing Tutor has not contacted you, please email at email@example.com.