- Ph.D. in Computer Systems Engineering, The University of Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand, 2020.
- M.S. in Computer Engineering, King Fahd University of Petroleum & Minerals, Dhahran, Saudi Arabia, 2009.
- M.E. in Computer Systems Engineering, N.E.D University of Engineering & Technology, Karachi, Pakistan, 2006.
- B.E. in Computer Systems Engineering, N.E.D University of Engineering & Technology, Karachi, Pakistan, 2003.
- The University of Auckland Faculty of Engineering Student Support Award 2019 and 2020.
- Service excellence award by H.E the Rector of University of Hafr Al Batin, Saudi Arabia.
- Research Assistantship & Scholarship for M.S. at King Fahd University of Petroleum & Minerals, Dhahran, Saudi Arabia.
- Letter of Appreciation from Dean E.C.E, N.E.D University of Engineering & Technology, Karachi, Pakistan.
- Gold Medal & Certificate on securing First Position in H.S.C. by B.I.S.E. Hyderabad, Pakistan.
- Scientific Methods
- Senior Research Seminar: Karachi
- Social Theory I
- Urban & Rural Sociology
- Localization in wireless sensor networks
- Fault-tolerant design of digital systems/sensor networks
- Routing and data delivery in vehicular ad hoc networks
- Digital systems design and synthesis
Khan holds a Ph.D. in Computer Systems Engineering (2020) from the University of Auckland (2021 QS Rank: 81) and an M.S in Computer Engineering (2009) from KFUPM (2021 QS Rank: 186). During PhD, Khan worked on localization, scheduling, and routing problems in WSNs in general and VANETs in particular. After completing PhD, Khan taught as Assistant Professor in the Faculty of Computer Science and Engineering at Ghulam Ishaq Khan Institute of Engineering Sciences and Technology (GIKI). Prior to that, he was with one of the largest private creative colleges in Christchurch, New Zealand as a software engineering lecturer focusing mainly on the teaching of UX/UI design and modern agile software development.
In terms of research, Khan has authored 2 books, 6 conference papers, and 5 peer-reviewed journal articles published in high impact factor journals. The main focus of research is different aspects of wireless sensor networking and their applications in Smart Transport and Smart Cities. Khan is currently an Assistant Professor of Computer Engineering at ECE department of Dhanani School of Science and Engineering at Habib University, Karachi.
In terms of industry experience, Khan has collaborated with several UX/UI design startups in the Canterbury region of New Zealand.
- Journal Articles
- Farhan Khan & S. K. Nguang, “Distributed Localization Algorithm for Wireless Sensor Networks using Range Lookup and Stitching of Sub-Regions,” IET Wireless Sensor Systems, Oct. 2021, Vol. 11, Iss. 5, pp. 179-205. (CITE SCORE: 3.7)
- Farhan Khan & S. K. Nguang, “Location-based Reverse Data Delivery between Infrastructure and Vehicles,” AIMS Electronics and Electrical Engineering, Jun. 2021, Vol. 5, Iss. 2, pp. 117-145. (CITE SCORE: 1.5)
- Farhan Khan & S. K. Nguang, “Dual Sensing Scheduling Algorithm for WSN based Road Network Surveillance,” AIMS Electronics and Electrical Engineering, Jan. 2021, Vol. 5, Iss. 1, pp. 38-54. (CITE SCORE: 1.5)
- Farhan Khan & S. K. Nguang, “Location-based Data Delivery between Vehicles and Infrastructure,” Special Issue of IET Intelligent Transport Systems on “AI Applications to Intelligent Vehicles for Advancing Intelligent Transport Systems”, May 2020, Vol. 14, Iss. 5, pp. 288-296. (IMPACT FACTOR: 2.48)
- A. H. El-Maleh, B. M. Al-Hashimi, A. Melouki & Farhan Khan, “Defect-Tolerant N2-Transistor Structure for Reliable Nanoelectronic Designs,” Special Issue of IET Computers and Digital Techniques on “Advances in Nanoelectronics Circuits and Systems”, Nov. 2009, Vol. 3, Iss. 6, pp. 570-580. (IMPACT FACTOR: 0.803)
- Conference Articles
- Farhan Khan & S. K. Nguang, “Dual Sensing Scheduling Algorithm for Wireless Sensor Network based Road Segment Surveillance”, 3rd EAI International Conference on Smart Grid and Innovative Frontiers in Telecommunications (SMARTGIFT 2018), Auckland, New Zealand, Apr. 23-24, 2018.
- Farhan Khan & S. K. Nguang, “LRF: Location-based Reverse Forwarding for Infrastructure-to-Vehicle Data Delivery”, 9th International Conference on Signal Processing Systems (ICSPS 2017), Auckland, New Zealand, Nov. 27-30, 2017.
- Adnan A. Gutub & Farhan Khan, “Hybrid Crypto Hardware utilizing Symmetric-Key and Public-Key Cryptosystems,” International Conference on Advanced Computer Science Applications & Technologies−ACSAT 2012, Palace of the Golden Horses, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, Nov. 26-28, 2012.
- Farhan Khan & Adnan A. Gutub, “Message Concealment Techniques using Image-based Steganography,” The 4th IEEE GCC Conference and Exhibition, Gulf International Convention Centre, Manamah, Bahrain, Nov. 11-14, 2007.
- Farhan Khan, “Traffic Engineering with MPLS,” ETECH2004–A Conference on Current and Emerging fields of Engineering & Science, N.E.D. University of Engg. & Tech., Karachi, Pakistan, July 31, 2004.
- Farhan Khan, “Localization in Wireless Sensor Networks for Road Traffic Safety”, October 1, 2021, LAP Lambert Academic Publishing, ISBN-10: 6204207881, ISBN-13: 978-620-4-20788-9
- Farhan Khan, “Transistor-Level Defect-Tolerant Techniques for Reliable Design at the Nanoscale”, March 14, 2012, LAP Lambert Academic Publishing, ISBN-10: 3846544337, ISBN-13: 978-3846544334