An undergraduate transfer student is a student who has completed high school and is enrolled in an undergraduate program at a university/college and now wishes to enrol in an undergraduate degree program at Habib University by transferring the credits earned at the current university.
Habib University takes the admissions decision of transfer students on case-to-case basis after reviewing their application.
Defining Credits Transfer
Credits Transfer refers to assessing and taking over earned credit of the course(s) that a student has taken in the tenure of studies at any other university which meet the criteria of similar courses offered at Habib University.
Core Terms and Conditions for Credits Transfer
The applicants admitted through credits transfer policy must fulfil the following terms and conditions
- Regardless of the time of transfer, all transfer students must complete at least four semesters at Habib University as fulltime students. Additionally, all core courses (Habib Liberal Core as well as those defined by the program concerned) must be taken at HU.
- That the applicant has obtained a minimum of 2.4 CGPA (grade-point-average) at the end of all semesters taken at the other university.
- All transcripts of previously taken courses by the applicant submitted to the Office of Admissions at HU must be issued by a national/international university or college that is properly recognized by relevant Higher Education authority.
- All transcripts provided by the applicant must be in English or be accompanied with an official attested translation in English subject to the satisfaction of HU admission requirements.
Credits Transfer Procedure
- Fill-in the ‘Transfer Admission Application’ and submit it along with the required documents and the processing fee of PKR. 5000/= in the form of pay order/Demand Draft in the name of Habib University. Please note that the processing fee is non-refundable. Submit your application and Pay order to the Senior Manager Admissions at the Office of Admissions at Habib University.
Click here to access and download the Transfer Admission Application
- Once your complete application and application processing fee is received, the Office of Admissions will review your application and get the required input from the Office of Academic Systems and Registrar, Director Habib Liberal Core and the Director(s) of the concerned Program(s).
- The Office of Academic Systems and Registrar will verify your transcripts from the institutions they were issued. They will also ensure the authenticity of the course outlines submitted and other academic information provided.
- The Program Director(s) and the Director of Habib Core will review the courses you have successfully completed and will decide if the credits can be transferred or not.
- Upon receiving the feedback from the Program Directors, you will be called for a meeting with the Program Director and the Office of Admission. During the meeting, the Program Director will share the possibility of credit transfer and the possible graduation plan from HU.
- If the student agrees with the graduation plan and other terms and conditions shared by the Program Directors, student will be asked to appear for the entrance test(s) in the same manner as of any regular incoming HU student does (or submit their valid SAT Scores).
- Upon passing the Entrance test, student will be offered an admission at HU.
- Student will be required to pay Rs. 80,000/= as enrolment fee to confirm their admission at HU.
Fee, Scholarship and Financial Aid
- Transferred students will follow the fee structure defined for the year in which they will join HU. Please visit the fee section of the website to have details about the fee.
- Habib University does not offer any scholarship to transferred students. However; if they need support to manage their fee, they can apply for financial aid. Amount of financial aid will depend on the financial need assessed through financial aid application.