Habib University welcomes all international students and facilitates them in acquiring admissions at Habib University. The information available on this page will help you to start your e-application for Undergraduate admission and complete the admission process.
If you need any specific information regarding your admission at Habib University for Fall 2022, please write an email to the email@example.com.
Defining International Students
International students include the following categories.
- Dual National Pakistani Students Living Abroad: Pakistani students living abroad with dual nationality and the family’s source of income also resides outside Pakistan.
- Pakistani Nationals Living Abroad: Pakistani students with Pakistani nationality only residing outside Pakistan.
- Foreign Student: A foreign student is an individual of foreign nationality who does not have a Pakistani passport/ CNIC /NICOP.
- Refugee: A foreign national student living in Pakistan as a refugee.
Admission Schedule for International Students
Please click here to find out about the Admissions Schedule
Terms and Conditions of Admission
Please click here to find out about the Admissions Criteria
Inter-Board Committee of Chairmen (IBCC) Pakistan grants equivalence to foreign qualifications with corresponding Pakistani Certificates to Secondary School Certificate and Higher Secondary School Certificate. All international students are responsible to acquire IBCC equivalency certificate as they may need it in case they need to get their Habib University Degree attested by the Higher Education Commission of Pakistan or any other designated body for the same purpose. For further details visit http://www.ibcc.edu.pk/
Admission Process for International Students
Habib University’s admissions application process is largely the same for all students regardless of their citizenship or country of residence. Following are the main steps in the admissions process.
- Step 1: Complete and submit an application.
The entire admissions application system is online. All applicants are required to complete all the compulsory sections of the e-applications and submit accordingly. Click here to access e-application.
- Step 2: Submit the non-refundable application fee
The admission’s application fee is $25 for the year 2021-22, which can be paid using a credit/debit card. VISA and MasterCard are accepted. If you or your parents are in Pakistan, you can download your fee voucher and pay it in any branch of Habib Metropolitan Bank. (Details are present in the application fee section of e-application).
- Step 3: Submit SAT Scores or Take HU Entrance Examination
- Step 4: Appear for Admissions Interview
Only shortlisted students will be called for either an inperson or an online interview. Students will be informed about the dates and timings & mode of interview via email.
- Step 5: Receive the offer letter
Successful applicants will receive a conditional offer letter notifying them of their selection status. Applicants will also receive an admissions undertaking along with the offer letter. This admission will remain provisional until all the original degrees or certificates are submitted and verified. In case any document proves to be false, fake, or fabricated at a later stage, a provisionally admitted student shall be liable to expulsion from the University at any stage or to any other disciplinary or legal action the University may deem necessary.
- Step 6: Accepting the Admission Offer
Accepted applicants must return the duly signed admissions undertaking and pay enrolment fee according to the directions and deadlines stated in the offer letter in order to confirm their admission.
- Step 7: Apply for the student visa
Once the applicant is enrolled (by submitting the signed undertaking and paying the enrollment fee), the university will issue the admission confirmation letter, so that the student can apply for student visa.
How to Apply for Visa (For Foreign Nationals Only)
- Foreign student seeking admission in Pakistani University/Degree Awarding Institution has to apply for admission direct to the concerned university/institution and get the letter of confirmation of admission.
- University will send a copy of admission letter to Higher Education Commission (HEC) of Pakistan
- HEC to confirm and endorse admission to Ministry of Interior
- Student approaches the Pakistani mission abroad for the visa and submits the following documents
- Application Form (Student Visa Form)
- Photocopy of passport
- Educational Documents
- Admission letter of university
- The Pakistani mission abroad forwards all the documents to Ministry of Foreign Affairs Islamabad for further processing
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs forwards all documents to Ministry of Interior for security clearance
- Copy to Ministry of Education/Health
- Copy to HEC
- Ministry of Interior as per policy to complete all process and sends visa advice to Mission concerned:
- Copy to HEC
- Copy to Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- HEC send information of visa advice by email to
- Ministry of Education/Health
- Visa to be issued for duration of studies to be renewed annually inclusive of security clearance
- Process to apply for a student visa:
- Obtaining an NOC from HEC for foreign students:
- Obtaining NOC from MOI:
Fee, Scholarships and Grants
Habib University believes in creating a diverse community of students with different geographical, socio-economic and ethnic backgrounds so that students can learn to live and respect the diversity present around them.
In order to facilitate the students from outside Pakistan to join HU and contribute in diversifying the student community, HU has kept the fee structure same as it is for prospective students living in Pakistan. We do not charge any additional money from international students. Please click here to find out about the fee for the academic year 2022-23.
Scholarships and Grants
- Scholarships and grants are available only for Pakistani nationals living abroad. Please visit the scholarship and financial aid section of the admission for further details.
Student Residential Facility
For the details of the residential facility, please click here