- M.S. in Wireless Communication and Signal Processing, Arizona State University, USA.
- B.E. in Electrical Engineering, NED University of Engineering and Technology, Pakistan.
- Wireless Communication
- Broadband Networks
- Next Generation Mobile Networks
- Cloud Computing
- Network Virtualization
Before joining Habib University, Mr. Mumtaz worked as a telecom consultant for over 15 years of his career. He worked with various mobile operators of Pakistan, as well as carriers in USA and Middle East, primarily involved in Mobile Networks Design, Performance Optimization, Capacity Planning, New Technology Upgrades and 3GPP Advanced Feature Implementations.
Mr. Mumtaz served in all major telecom vendors which include Ericsson, Nokia, Alcatel Lucent and Huawei. He worked on second, third and fourth generation mobile networks during his diversified projects and was deeply involved in the latest trends of mobile networks to cater to the increasing demand of high throughput, low latency and better user perception in terms of network coverage as well as quality. He also worked on Self Optimized Networks (SON) features, carrier aggregation, beam forming and traffic management of multi-layer (different frequency/different technology) networks.
Mr. Mumtaz is passionate about knowledge sharing and research in the field of Wireless Communication. At Habib University, he is interested to provide a platform for students to understand dynamics of mobile networks, explore potential for advanced research areas and contribute in formation of next generation of mobile/data networks standards.
- Mumtaz, T., Muhammad, S., Aslam, M.I. et al. Inter-slice resource management for 5G radio access network using Markov decision process. Springer, Telecommunication Syst (2022).
- Ali, Yousuf Moiz, Arsalan Ahmed, and Tariq Mumtaz. “Machine Learning for Improved Resource Block Detection in 4G LTE Cognitive Radio Networks.” In 2021 International Mobile, Intelligent, and Ubiquitous Computing Conference (MIUCC), pp. 169-175. IEEE, 2021.
- Rehman, A., and T. Mumtaz. “On-Board Intelligence for Public Transportation in Developing Countries using IoT.” In IOP Conference Series: Materials Science and Engineering, vol. 899, no. 1, p. 012004. IOP Publishing, 2020.
- Mumtaz, Tariq, Shahabuddin Muhammad, Muhammad Imran Aslam, and Nazeeruddin Mohammad. “Dual connectivity-based mobility management and data split mechanism in 4G/5G cellular networks.” IEEE Access 8 (2020): 86495-86509.
- Mumtaz, Tariq, Shahabuddin Muhammad, Nazeeruddin Mohammad, Muhammad Imran Aslam, and Irfan Ahmed. “Modeling and evaluation of mobility management in mmWave cellular networks.” In 2018 IEEE 21st International Multi-Topic Conference (INMIC), pp. 1-6. IEEE, 2018.
- Gupta, Charu, T. Mumtaz, Moushumi Zaman, and Antonia Papandreou-Suppappola. “Wideband chirp modulation for FH-CDMA wireless systems: Coherent and non-coherent receiver structures.” In IEEE International Conference on Communications, 2003. ICC’03., vol. 4, pp. 2455-2459. IEEE, 2003.