Assistant Professor, Physics
Dhanani School of Science & Engineering
Dr. Sameena has done her Ph.D. in surface science from Technical University Vienna (2011), under the supervision of Prof. Peter Varga. The main focus of her work was on the ion-beam induced magnetic nanostructures of Fe grown on Cu(100) single crystal. Recently, she did her post doctorate from Middle Eastern Technical University, Ankara, Turkey. The main area of research was applications of radiation pressure excitation of non-contact atomic force microscopy (ncAFM) in ultra high vacuum.
After completion of her Ph.D., Dr. Sameena joined COMSATS Institute of Information Technology, Islamabad campus as an Assistant Professor. She successfully completed two research projects and established a material synthesis lab in the Department of Physics.
- Ph.D. in Physics, TU Wien, Austria.
- M.Phil. in Physics, Q.A.U. Islamabad, Pakistan.
- M.Sc. Physics, Q.A.U. Islamabad, Pakistan.
- B.Sc. (Math, Physics), Punjab University, Pakistan.
- S. Karamat, C. Ke, U. Inkaya, Rizwan Akram, Ilker Yildiz, S. Shah Zaman, A. Oral.,”Graphene/SrTiO3 hetero interface studied by X-ray photoelectron spectroscopy”, Progress in Natural Science: Materials International (2016).
- J. Gloss, S. Shah Zaman, J. Jonner, Z. Novotny, M. Schmid, P. Varga, M. Urbánek, “Ion-beaminduced magnetic and structural phase transformation of Ni-stabilized face-centered-cubic Fe films on Cu(100)” Appl. Phys. Lett. 103 (2013) 262405.
- R. Zenkyu, J. Yuhara, T. Matsui, S. Shah Zaman, M. Schmid, P. Varga, ” Composition and local atomic arrangement of decagonal Al-Co-Cu quasicrystal surfaces” Phys. Rev. B 86 (2012) 115422.
- Florian Mittendorfer, Thomas Franz, Jan Klikovits, Michael Schmid, Lindsay R. Merte,
Sameena Shah Zaman, Peter Varga, Rasmus Westerström, Andrea Resta, Jesper N. Andersen, Johan Gustafson, and Edvin Lundgren, “Oxygen stabilized Rh adatoms: 0D oxides on a vicinal surface” J. Phys. Chem. Lett. 2 (2011) 2247.
- S. Shah Zaman, P. Dvorak, R. Ritter, A. Buchsbaum, D. Stickler, H. P. Oepen, M. Schmid, P. Varga, “In-situ magnetic nano-patterning of Fe films grown on Cu(100),” J. Appl. Phys., (2011) 110.
- S. Shah Zaman, H. Oßmer, J. Jonner, Z. Novotný, A. Buchsbaum, M. Schmid, P. Varga, “Ion beam induced magnetic transformation of CO-stabilized fcc Fe films on Cu(100),” Phys. Rev. B 82 (2010) 235401.