Assistant Professor, Electrical Engineering
Dhanani School of Science and Engineering
Dr. Lakhani has over 16 years of professional experience mostly in the educational sector and has previously taught as Assistant Professor at Majmaah University in Saudi Arabia. She holds Bachelors and Masters degrees in Computer Engineering and also holds a Ph.D. degree in Embedded Systems Engineering from the University of Leicester UK. She also has had teaching experience during her Ph.D. at the University of Leicester UK.
Dr. Lakhani’s research comes under the area of Control Systems Engineering and she takes a special interest in software development for modern embedded applications through design patterns, reliability and functional safety concerns for safety critical applications.
She has presented her research work at a number of international conferences and got appreciation from her peers.
- Ph.D. in Embedded Systems Engineering, University of Leicester, United Kingdom.
- Master of Engineering in Computer Systems, NED University of Engineering & Technology Karachi, Pakistan.
- Bachelor of Engineering in Computer Systems, NED University of Engineering & Technology Karachi, Pakistan.
- Lakhani, F, Faisal, N. and Pont, M. J. (2015) “A pattern collection to support the practical challenges involved in adopting international standards for safety-related embedded systems” Lecture Notes on Software Engineering ISSN: 2301-3559.
- Lakhani, F and Faisal, N. (2015) “Design patterns – From architecture to embedded software development” IJCSI International Journal of Computer Science Issues, Volume 12, Issue 1, No 1, January 2015 ISSN (Print): 1694-0814 | ISSN (Online): 1694-0784
- Lakhani, F. and Pont, M. J. (2012) “Empirical studies for the assessment of the effectiveness of design patterns in migration between software architectures of embedded applications”. Journal of Software Engineering International Scholarly Research Network (ISRN), Volume 2012 Article ID: 259064 ISSN: 2090-7680 doi:10.5402/2012/259064
- Lakhani, F. and Pont, M. J. (2012) “Applying design patterns to improve the reliability of embedded applications through a process of architecture migration”. Proceedings of the 9th IEEE International Conference on Embedded Systems and Software (ICESS 2012), Liverpool, UK. IEEE Computer Society: pp1563-1570
- Lakhani, F., Pont, M.J. and Das, A. (2010) “Improving the reliability of embedded systems as complexity increases: supporting the migration between event-triggered and time-triggered software architectures” Proceedings of the 15th Annual European Conference on Pattern Languages of Programming EuroPLoP’10, Irsee, Germany. Published by ACM New York, NY, USA. ISBN: 978-1-4503-0259-3
- Lakhani, F. and Pont, M.J. (2010) “Using design patterns to support the migration between different system architectures” Proceedings of the 5th IEEE International Conference on Systems of Systems Engineering (SoSE), June 2010, Loughborough, UK: pp1-6.