- Ph.D. in Interdisciplinary Engineering, Khalifa University, Abu Dhabi, UAE.
- M.S. in Microsystems Engineering, Masdar Institute, Abu Dhabi, UAE.
- B.S. in Electronic Engineering, BUITEMS, Quetta, Pakistan.
Awards & Honors
- Titled ‘Debonair Professor’ in December 2019 by the Society of Electronic Engineers BUITEMS in recognition of innovative teaching and contributions made to student learning.
- 3rd Position in the Applied Research Competition Organized within the Cyber Security Awareness Week (CSAW) 2017 of New York University Abu Dhabi.
- Graduate Fellowship for 4-year PhD program at Khalifa University, UAE (2014-18).
- Graduate Fellowship for 2-year MS program at Masdar Institute of Science & Technology (now Khalifa University, KU) (2012-14).
- Team Achievement Award for year 2011-2012 at SUPARCO.
- Gold Medal from Chancellor of BUITEMS for obtaining 1st Position in Class of 2008.
- Merit Scholarship, for all eight semesters at BUITEMS, for securing position within top 5% students of the batch (2004 to 2008).
- Advance Digital Systems
- Digital Signal Processing
- Embedded Systems
- Digital IC Design
- MEMS Design and Analysis (TA’ed)
- Digital Systems Laboratory (TA’ed)
- Efficient digital systems design
- Efficient processor design
- MEMS design and analysis
- Embedded Systems for IoT applications
- Digital IC design
- IMU array sensor fusion
- Assistant Professor, BUITEMS, Quetta, October 2018 to January 2020.
- Teaching Assistant, Masdar Institute at Khalifa University, Fall 2013 to Fall 2017.
Dr. Waheed received his BS in Electronic Engineering from the BUITEMS, Quetta, Pakistan, in 2008. After working in the Pakistan’s Space and Upper Atmospheric Research Commission (SUPARCO) for four years, he pursed his MS in Microsystems Engineering from Masdar Institute, and then PhD in Interdisciplinary Engineering from Khalifa University UAE.
Before joining Habib University in January 2020, Dr. Waheed was associated with BUITEMS, Quetta, where he worked as Assistant Professor in Department of Electronic Engineering.
Dr. Waheed has research interest in the areas of sensor array processing, digital beamforming, MEMS design and analysis, motion sensor data fusion, and embedded signal processing. He has authored several refereed publications and the inventor on one (filed) US patent.
- O. T. Waheed and I. A. M. Elfadel, “Domain-Specific Architecture for IMU Array Data Fusion,” 2019 IFIP/IEEE 27th International Conference on Very Large Scale Integration (VLSI-SoC), Cuzco, Peru, 2019, pp. 129-134.doi: 10.1109/VLSI-SoC.2019.8920380
- O.T. Waheed and I.M. Elfadel, “FPGA Sensor Fusion System Design for IMU Arrays,” In Design, Test, Integration and Packaging of MEMS/MOEMS, 2008. MEMS/MOEMS, May 2018, Rome Italy.
- S. Muzaffar, O.T. Waheed, Z. Aung and I.M. Elfadel, “Single-clock-cycle, multilayer encryption algorithm for single-channel IoT communications,” in IEEE Conference on Dependable and Secure Computing, Aug. 2017, pp. 153-158, Taipei Taiwan.
- Z. Mohammad, O.T. Waheed, I.M. Elfadel, A. Chatterjee and M. Rasras, “Design, Analysis and System-Level Modelling of a Single Axis Capacitive Accelerometer,” ASME 2016 International Mechanical Engineering Congress and Exposition (IMECE), Nov. 11-17, 2016, Phoenix, USA.
- O.T. Waheed, A. Shabra and I.M. Elfadel, “Impact of Fractional Bandwidth on the Bit Error Rate of a Beamforming System,” IEEE 59th International Midwest Symposium on Circuits and Systems (MWSCAS), pp. 225-228, Oct. 2016, Abu Dhabi UAE.
- O.T. Waheed, A. Shabra and I.M. Elfadel, “FPGA Methodology for Power Analysis of Embedded Adaptive Beamforming,” International Conference on Communications, Signal Processing, and their Applications (ICCSPA), 2015, pp. 1-6, Sharjah UAE.
- O.T. Waheed and A. Rehman, “Design and Development of a Fluxgate Magnetometer for Small Satellites in Low Earth Orbit,” Journal of Space Technology 2011.
- F. Tanveer, O.T. Waheed and A. Rehman, “Design and Development of a Sensor Fusion based Low Cost Attitude Estimator,” Journal of Space Technology 2011.
- W.U. Syed, A. Brimmo, O.T. Waheed, A. Bojesomo, M.H. Ali, I. Ocak, S. Chengliang, A. Chatterjee, and I.M. Elfadel, “Numerical Modeling and Validation of Squeezed-film Damping in Vacuum-Packaged Industrial MEMS,” Journal of Micromechanics and Microengineering (JMM), Jun. 2017.
- O.T. Waheed, A.F. Elian, I.M. Elfadel and A. Shabra, “Time-Delay Array Beamforming for Millimeter-Wave IoT Systems,” In: Elfadel I., Ismail M. (eds) “The IoT Physical Layer”. Springer, Cham. doi: 10.1007/978-3-319-93100-5_10.