Habib University’s Talent Outreach, Promotion and Support Program (HU TOPS)
Avail the opportunity to enroll in a fully funded program at Habib University for a world-class undergraduate degree
Habib University’s Talent Outreach, Promotion and Support Program is designed for students who are enrolled in Pakistan’s Board of Intermediate Education (BIE), Federal Board (FB) and the Aga Khan University Examination Board (AKU EB) for their Intermediate Education. HU TOPS provides an opportunity to talented students of BIE, FB and AKU EB to apply for admission to Habib University and get admitted with full tuition and Laboratory fee waiver for their undergraduate degree based on their academic talent and passion to learn.
Habib University believes in providing equal opportunities and nurturing talent and potential irrespective of educational, socio-economic and ethnic backgrounds. HU TOPS is an example of this commitment to Pakistan. The University will ensure students enrolled through HU TOPS shape thoughtful careers and life paths for themselves. They will be supported in growing as life-long learners, creative problem solvers and dynamic leaders, with a passion to serve the society.
Benefits of HU TOPS
- An exceptional opportunity to study at Habib University for a transformative learning experience.
- Full Tuition, Laboratory and Semester Registration Fee waiver
- Admission Application Fee waiver
- Opportunity to attend a Summer Admission Preparatory Program at HU free of cost
Who Can Apply?
All potential students who fulfill the following conditions can apply for HU TOPS
- Graduated from or Enrolled at the following Boards
- Any Board of Intermediate Education of Pakistan
- Federal Board of Pakistan
- Aga Khan University Examination Board (AKU EB)
- Have completed or will complete HSSC II by August, 2019.
- Have scored the following marks
- Science Group Students: 80% or above in SSC (Matric) and 75% or above in HSSC.
- Other Groups: 75% or above in SSC (Matric) and 70% or above in HSSC.
- Planning to pursue a four-year undergraduate program at Habib University
HU TOPS has a six-step selection process as highlighted below:
Step 1: Register
- There are no registration charges. Register yourself for HU TOPS. Fill the application, scan the required documents and upload them. Submit the application online
Step 2: Qualify
- Take the HU TOPS Core Skills Test. Click here to see the details of the test.
Step 3: Apply
- Successful applicants from qualifying round will apply for admissions to Habib University through HU TOPS. They will not be charged any admission application fee.
- Shortlisted candidates from the Core Skills Test will have to appear for an interview and submit their Merit Scholarship and Financial Aid applications along with the required supporting documents
Step 4: Prepare
- The HU TOPS applicants will be invited to participate in a Free of cost Summer Prep Program to prepare for the HU Admission Test. The Program will be organized in June 2019. Participation is not mandatory.
Step 5: Take Test
- HU TOPS applicants will take the HU Entrance Examination in July 2019
Step 6: Enroll at Habib University
- The top 50 successful applicants will be offered admission in their Major of choice. Tuition, Laboratory and Semester Registration fee for their four-year study at Habib University will be fully funded through scholarships and grants. All HU TOPS Scholars will be required to maintain a CGPA of 3.0 to continue with their scholarships and grants.
Expenses Covered through HU TOPS
HU TOPS will cover the following expenses:
- HU TOPS Registration Fee
- HU TOPS Qualifying Round Fee
- Habib University Admission Application Fee
- Summer Prep Program Fee
- Full Tuition Fee to study a four-year undergraduate program at Habib University.
- Full Laboratory Fee
- Semester Registration fee
HU TOPS will NOT COVER the following expenses:
- Non-refundable Enrolment Fee of Rs. 30,000/= at the time of admission (subsidized for HU TOPS students)
- Security Deposit of Rs. 25,000/= (Re-fundable)
- Transport Fee (if opted for the transport)
- The expense for books, stationery and other learning resources needed as per programmatic needs.
- Cost of accommodation and living expenses if you are applying from outside Karachi
- Membership fee for the recreational facilities (students will pay the fee if they will use the facilities)
HU TOPS Timelines
Following are the key timelines of various stages of the program
|Register for HU TOPS||6th November – 9th February 2019|
|Take Qualifying Round Test||16th February 2019|
|Appear for an Interview (If shortlisted)||14th March to 18th March 2019|
|Announcement of Qualifying Round Results||25th March 2019|
|Apply for Admission||25th March to 13th April 2019|
|Participation in the Summer Prep-Program||27th May to 29th June 2019|
|Take HU Admission Test||3rd July 2019|
|Admission Interviews (shortlisted applicants only)||11th July 2019 onwards|
|Announcement of Result||3rdweek of July 2019|
|Attend HU New Student Orientation||3rdweek of August, 2019|
|Start Attending Regular Classes for Fall 2019||August 2019|
Talk to the Admissions Team
If you have further questions or need assistance on some specific issue, please don’t hesitate to contact us. Our office hours are Monday-Friday, 9:00 a.m.to 5:00 p.m.
You can call the admissions team at the following numbers
T (Office): UAN: +92 21 111 0 HABIB (42242) – Ext: 4515, 4519, 4520
Admissions Counsellors: 0321-8203568, 0321-8203545 and 0322-2850249
Assistant Manager HU TOPS: 03222008996
Office of Admissions
Habib University, Block 18, Jauhar Chowrangi Road,
University Avenue, Gulistan-e-Jauhar,
For more information about admissions, email email@example.com
Follow Us on Social Media