For students wanting to work part-time at Habib University, the Office of Career Services offers the Student Employment Program. During the past few years, more than 400 students have worked in various academic, administrative, and support service departments on campus under this program.
The student employment program not only assists students financially, but also offers flexible work opportunities to enhance their academic, professional, technical, and soft skills. It fosters a sense of responsibility, time-management, and work ethics.
The program is committed to offering meaningful work opportunities to our students to facilitate them in transitioning from on-campus student employment to their future professions, to be ready for internships and employment, entrepreneurship, or graduate school opportunities.
The campus-based Student Employment Program provides academic, administrative, and support service opportunities to students. The Office announces these opportunities, and students can apply for these positions based on predefined eligibility criteria. Students participating in the program are employed on campus for an agreed time duration and are paid on an hourly basis.
Student employment opportunities may include but not limited to working as a peer tutor or a teaching assistant, working in library for a variety of jobs, engaging in marketing activities, assisting student recruitment and admissions teams in various tasks.
During a regular semester, students can work for a maximum of 16 hours per week. However, during summer and winter breaks, students can work for a maximum of 40 hours per week.
Who Can Opt for Student Employment?
- Student Employment options are offered to students from their second semester if they demonstrate a satisfactory performance in the first semester by passing all their courses.
- After the 2nd semester, the student needs to maintain a minimum CGPA of 2.33 every semester.
- Besides good academic standing, students need to maintain a good ‘Conduct Standing’ and ‘Full time’ status as per university policies.
How to Become a Part of Student Employment Program?
- All student employment opportunities are announced via email. Keep checking your university email account regularly for announcement of student jobs from the Office of Career Services.
- Read the Job Description (JD) and terms and conditions, of the announced job (attached with the announcement email) and apply as per the process outlined in the JD.
- You will receive an email or call from your prospective supervisor for the selection process.
- If you will be selected for the job you applied for, OCS will issue you a contract letter with all terms and conditions.
How will You be Paid?
Once you start your job, OCS will help you understand the payment process. You will be required to undertake the following steps to ensure timely payment:
- Provide your account details and other essential information to Office of Student Finance by filling in a simple form at: https://habibuniversity.sharepoint.com/sites/Student/Pages/Payment-Processing-of-Student-Employment.aspx
- Fill in and submit your monthly online time sheet for approval by your supervisor. You have to submit it as per specified timelines by OCS. You can access the timesheet from: https://habibuniversity.sharepoint.com/sites/Student/Pages/Student-Work-Study-Program.aspx
- After receiving the approved timesheet from your supervisor, Office of Student Finance will process the payment and you will be paid through cheque.
For further information, please contact Office of Career Services.
Top Performing Student Employees
The Office of Career Services is pleased to announce that Spring 2023 onwards, each semester ‘Top Performing Student Employees’ will be selected and announced to the HU community. The initiative aims to recognize the hard work and dedication of students employed on campus, who strive to balance their work and academic commitments in an exemplary manner.
Stellar student employees are selected on the recommendation of their supervisors, accounting for their overall performance.
Congratulations and keep up the good work!