- Master of Science (MSc), Local Economic Development, London School of Economics and Political Science (LSE), London, UK, Sep. 2022 – Sep. 2023 — Accredited by the Institute of Economic Development (IED), UK.
- Bachelor of Science with Honors (BSc. Hons), Social Development and Policy, Habib University, Karachi, Pakistan, Aug. 2018 – Jun. 2022
- Undergraduate Exchange in Comparative Public Policy, University of Massachusetts, Amherst, Massachusetts, USA, Jun. 2021 – Jul. 2021.
- Qualitative and Quantitative Methods,
- Social Development and Change,
- Public Policy.
- Corporate footprint on the rural human development: An evaluative case study on the coal power project initiated by Engro Corporation in Tharparkar, Pakistan, 2022, 2nd Annual International Conference of School of Economics and Social Sciences, Institute of Business Administration (IBA), Karachi.
- Urban Development in Karachi: Collaborative Approach to Project Planning for Building Inclusive Policy Networks, 2021, Social Outcomes Conference, University of Oxford, UK.
- “The Political Economic Origins and Development of Land Administration Institutions in Sindh.” Pakistan Journal of Applied Economics, Vol. 32(2), with Aqdas Afzal.
- Khan, Muhammad Ashar. 2021. “Urban Informality and Climate Change — Analyzing Karachi’s Rain.” Youth Center for Research: https://youthcfr.com/2021/12/11/urban-informality-and-climate-change-analyzing-karachis-rain/
- Khan, Muhammad Ashar. 2021. “City, Inequality and Trans-life: An Analysis of Heteronormative Urbanization.” Youth Center for Research: https://youthcfr.com/2021/12/11/city-inequality-and-trans-life-an-analysis-of-heteronormative-urbanization/
- Khan, Muhammad Ashar. 2020. “The global ramification of a Biden presidency.” The Express Tribune: https://tribune.com.pk/article/97221/the-global-ramifications-of-a-biden-presidency
- Khan, Muhammad Ashar. 2020. “How will the outcome of the US election impact Pakistan?” The Express Tribune: https://tribune.com.pk/article/97205/how-will-the-outcome-of-the-us-election-impact-pakistan
- Khan, Muhammad Ashar. 2020. “Nature and Us — climate change under a Marxian perspective.” Tezhib (Habib University): https://habib.edu.pk/tezhib/nature-and-us-climate-change-under-a-marxian-perspective/
Research Projects & Conferences
Muhammad Ashar Khan is an enthusiastic and highly motivated researcher and scholar with a diverse academic background in political economy, public policy, and economic geography. He has extensive experience working with scholars from Habib University, the University of Toronto, and the London School of Economics and Political Science (LSE) on various research projects of substantial social significance, mainly focusing on Pakistan and South Asia. He completed his Master of Science (MSc) in Local Economic Development from the LSE. His master’s dissertation, titled “Does Offshore Chinese Infrastructure Investments Stimulate Local Economic Development and Alleviate Poverty? Case of the China-Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC) ” explored the causal effect of CPEC on poverty and economic development at the sub-national level in Pakistan using various empirical and remote sensing techniques. His current work mainly focuses on international aid, and inter-regional inequalities, their manifestations, and their socio-economic implications. His work reflects his commitment to research on pressing global issues.