The Core Skills Development Program aims to enable students to succeed in their educational and professional pursuits. The Program ensures that students acquire and refine skills essential to undertake college level academic work successfully, function as thoughtful members of their community, and are prepared for future educational/professional pursuits.
Workshops and training sessions are organized by EHSAS, as well as other units of OAP, over the course of four years to help students acquire these skills. Workshop schedules are announced via email, Facebook, Posters, and other appropriate avenues.
Note: Due to the pandemic, all workshops for the Core Skills Development Program have been moved online on MS Teams. To attend a workshop, send a request to join the EHSAS Team and then join the “Workshop” channel at the designated time.
- Academic writing
- Note taking
- Test taking
- Verbal communication for a variety of purposes
- Nonverbal communication
- Written communication for a variety of purposes
- Effective presentation
- Active listening
Effective use of:
- MS Word
- MS Excel
- MS Power Point
Personal Development and Self-Management
- Time management and priority setting
- Problem identification and solutions
- Thinking critically and analytically
- Overcoming procrastination
- Managing self-learning and development
- Stress Management
- Emotional Intelligence
- Presenting and managing self on social media platforms