School of Science & Engineering
Dr. Shumail holds a Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering from Stanford, He has been the recipient of the Scholarship Award from the Higher Education Commission of Pakistan in 2008. He was also ranked 2nd in the 1999 Nationwide Physics Talent Contest.
Dr. Shumail combines academic excellence with practical experience, having served as the Assistant Manager (Technical) at NESCOM, a leading public sector research and development organization headquartered in Islamabad, Pakistan.
- Ph.D. Electrical Engineering with a minor in Physics, Stanford University
- M.S. Electronic, Stanford University
- B.S. Electrical Engineering, GIK Institute
Electromagnetics, Microwaves, Antennas, Optics, Device Physics, Solid State Electronics
Special Relativity, Classical Field Theory, Classical Mechanics, Quantum Mechanics, Introductory University Physics, Calculus, Linear Algebra, Signals and Systems, High power microwave structures and sources, Finite Element Method and Mode Matching techniques for microwave structures, Accelerator Physics.
- Shumail, G. B. Bowden, C. Chang, J. Neilson, S. G. Tantawi, “Application of the Balanced Hybrid Mode in Overmoded Corrugated Waveguides to Short Wavelength Dynamic Undulators”, Proceedings of IPAC2011, pp. 3326 -3328, San Sebastián, Spain,2011.
- Shumail, G. Bowden, C. Chang, J. Neilson, S. Tantawi,Beam Dynamics Studies of a Helical X-Band RF Undulator, AIP Conf. Proc. 1507, pp. 752-756, 15th Advanced Accelerator Concepts Workshop, Austin, Texas, USA, 10-15 Jun 2012.
- Chang, J. Neilson, C. Pellegrini, M. Shumail, S. Tantawi,Single Electron Dynamic of Microwave Undulator, Proceedings of IPAC2012, pp. 753-755, New Orleans, Louisiana, USA, 2012.
- Chang, M. Shumail, S. Tantawi, J. Neilson, and C. Pellegrini,Electron dynamics and transverse-kick elimination in a high-field shortperiod helical microwave undulator, Appl. Phys. Lett. 101, 161102 (2012).