Habib University IT department works within the framework of the Local Government, while fulfilling the contractual obligation. This is to ensure protection of its information assets from all threats – internal or external, deliberate or accidental and natural disasters.
Habib University IT department also commits to continually improve the structure of information security management system.
Furthermore, to achieve this objective Habib University IT department will ensure the following:
- Business requirements for availability of information and systems are met.
- Confidentiality and integrity and Availability of information is maintained throughout the process flow.
- All institutional information assets (tangible/intangible) are located in a physically and logically secure environment.
- Risks to all institutional information assets (tangible/intangible) are assessed and against all risks appropriate
- Contingency and mitigation plans are defined.
- Human resources are provided with conducive work environment, free from safety hazards.
- All personnel are trained on information security procedures.
- Physical, Logical and Remote access to all the corporate assets (tangible/intangible), information and physical locations is monitored and controlled.
- Business continuity plans are established, maintained, and tested and periodically and updated as needed.