Writing Tutors are available for 30 to 50 minute sessions with 1 to 5 students at a time, on a first-come, first-served basis. Students can make an appointment at:
High-quality academic writing is a cornerstone for success in an undergraduate degree. The ability to construct logical arguments through words is a vital skill that students initially struggle to excel at.
EHSAS can help.
Our Writing Tutors are qualified candidates with experience in both high-quality academic writing and engaging with students. They are trained to examine undergraduate papers with a critical eye and can provide feedback on essay structure, consistency of argument, and writing style, as well as the basics of spelling, grammar, and citation technique.
The tutors will not simply proof-read your work: they will facilitate a productive exchange of ideas, helping you identify strengths, weaknesses, and strategies for revision while you gain confidence in your own writing.
Group sessions help students when they have similar writing challenges or when they have just received an assignment and are looking for help understanding the prompt.
9 AM to 5 PM – Monday through Friday.
Why Writing tutors?
- Learn how to make essays more professional and of a higher academic quality
- Gain confidence in high-quality writing in English
- Develop your individual writing style/voice
- Analyze and discuss your paper before submitting it to your professor for grading
- Gain assistance with particular topics or modules you find complex
- Discuss writing strategies for topics you find interesting and wish to excel at
Students are welcome to visit the Writing Tutors at any stage of the writing process: with an outline, a first draft, a completed paper, or even simply with a new prompt which they want to discuss.