On 17th June, 2016, eight students from Habib University departed from Pakistan to the United States. Their agenda; to attend the prestigious Stanford Summer International Honors Program (SSIHP) in which brilliant young minds from across the world make their way to Stanford to be a part of an eight week long academic program through which they can choose to study from around 250 courses in Humanities and Sciences, Earth Sciences, and Engineering; as well as establishing contacts with young thinkers from around the world.
Keeping true to HU’s commitment to promoting diversity in every aspect, the University takes pride in introducing the students who eventually were selected to go for the SSIHP after a rigorous selection process based on intellectual prowess, and the ability to articulate their thoughts in a meaningful way so that the students act as cultural ambassadors of Pakistan in general, and Habib University in particular:
- Anusha Fatima, BS Computer Science (2018)
- Anas Masood, BS Computer Science (2018)
- Syed Muhammad Hasan Naqvi, BS Electrical Engineering (2018)
- Osama bin Rizwan, BS Electrical Engineering (2018)
- Sana Rizwan, BSc (Honors) Social Development & Policy (2018)
- Moizza Salahuddin, BSc (Honors) Social Development & Policy (2018)
- Hareem Salman, BSc (Honors) Social Development & Policy (2018)
- Sumbul Zehra, BS Computer Science (2018)
The core motto of SSIHP is to promote collaborations among students and thinkers by engaging them in a meaningful conversation and dialogue. This is accomplished by nurturing a culture of diversity of thought which becomes evident from the fact that this year alone, there are more than 100 students attending from 20 universities in 14 different countries – among which, Habib University will be representing Pakistan for the first time. Initiatives like the SSIHP will definitely aid HU students to not only take advantage of Stanford’s intellectual resources, but to also be exposed to the entrepreneurial culture of the Silicon Valley which is notorious for transforming budding young minds into successful global thinkers.
Go HU Lions!