Events and Activities – Fall 2018
Active Heart Campaign
To raise awareness about Healthy Heart for a health life amongst HU community, two activities were organized by the Health & Wellness Center.
30 Min Yoga: Yoga emphasizes on breath, focus & meditation, furthermore yoga builds cardiovascular health, improves heart rate and boosts blood circulation.
Blood Drive: Preliminary studies have found that heart disease, high blood pressure, and cerebrovascular disorders were less common in regular blood donors as compared to non-donors. Researchers believe that by giving blood, donors rid their bodies of excessive iron which is thought to contribute to heart disease.
A blood donation drive was conducted in collaboration with National Institute of Blood Disease at the Health & Wellness Center
Power Camp 45
Power Camp 45 was a fitness program based on High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT) designed for fat loss, muscle tone, building strength and developing core muscles. It engaged female students for five weeks.
Hatha & Power Yoga
Hatha & Power Yoga was a fitness program that focused on increasing flexibility, improving circulatory & cardio health, increasing energy levels and building strength.
Learn to Swim
It was a six-week Swimming Training Program for those students who wanted to start swimming. The program aimed at making the trainees comfortable in the water and learn to float, recover, move and breathe while gaining knowledge of preparing, staying safe and surviving in water.
Sports Team Participation
- Table Tennis team participated in HEC Peace Day Event organized by NED University on September 25th ,2018 and secured 2nd
- Throw ball Girls Team participated in Culligan Throw ball Event organized by Pakistan Throw ball Federation (PTF) at The City School, PAF Chapter and secured 4th position
- Volleyball Boys Team participated in Volleyball Tournament at Greenwich University
- Mental Health Fair in October
- Dental Health & Hygiene awareness session with free check
- Student – Faculty Sports Olympics (SFO)
- Eco- self-awareness workshop tour organized by TacTack
- Self Defense for women empowerment – Urban Survival Tactics