12/Sep/20152:00 pm - 4:30 pm
This panel will discuss the problems of child sexual abuse in Pakistani society. Eminent academics, psychiatrists, pediatricians, and human rights advocates will offer insights into the prevalence of this issue, its causes, consequences, and possible avenues of intervention. Key stakeholders will share their expertise in the hope of raising awareness and promoting necessary policy response and program development.
And below it, use all the names of the panelists:
- Dr. Murad Moosa Khan – Professor, Department of Psychiatry, Aga Khan University
- Dr. Aisha Mehnaz – Professor of Pediatrics, Dow University of Health Sciences,
Chairperson, Konpal Child Abuse Prevention Society,
General Secretary, Pakistan Pediatric Association,
Centre Focal Person Sindh, PPA Child Rights Committee.
- Dr. Ayesha Mian – Chairperson & Associate Professor, Consultant Child Psychiatrist, Department of Psychiatry, Aga Khan University
- Mr. Asad Butt – Vice-Chair, Human Rights Commission of Pakistan
- Mr. Shariq Ahmed – Secretary, Social Welfare Department
Government of Sindh
- Moderated by Dr. Asif Aslam – Associate Professor, Habib University