Assistant Professor, Mathematics
School of Science & Engineering
Dr. Zaidi has been associated with the University of New South Wales (UNSW), Sydney, since 2003, in both academic and research capacities. She has been working on an emerging area of mathematics, the time scales, and has successfully added novel results to the non-linear theory of hybrid structure dynamic equations in mathematical modelling using time scales. Her work is part of the course at Universitӓt Ulm, INSTITUTE of MATHEMATICAL FINANCE, Ulm (the birth place of Albert Einstein) in Germany. Her research also includes qualitative and quantitative analysis of cosmological models and adding new results.
Dr. Zaidi’s academic endeavors also include developing e-learning technology in mathematics using Latex embedded HTML frameworks, as part of the MOOCs aimed for 2025. She has developed e-resources for diagnostic testing and personalised learning for students to develop convergent thinking in mathematics and its applications.
Some of the courses that Dr. Zaidi teaches at Habib University are: Advanced Differential Equations and Dynamical Systems; Differential Geometry; Engineering mathematics; and Mathematical Modelling.
- Ph.D. in Applied Mathematics, University of New South Wales, Sydney, Australia
- M.S. Educational Administration (Higher Education), University of New South Wales, Sydney, Australia
- M.Phil in Mathematics, Quaid-i-Azam University, Islamabad, Pakistan
- M.Sc. in Mathematics, Quaid-i-Azam University, Islamabad, Pakistan
Awards and Honors
- Official Maplesoft Ambassador and Product Consultant in Pakistan
- E-learning resources Mathsready and ŚσlvenԐvσlve
- Learning and Teaching Fellow in e-learning development, academic administration and research, Faculty of Science, University of New South Wales, Sydney, Australia
- Post-doctoral Fellow for HIV analysis and growth in post-op bone marrow transplant, Centre for Vascular Research, Faculty of Medicine, University of New South Wales, Sydney, Australia
- AusAID scholar, University of New South Wales, Sydney, Australia
Matrix equations on time scales, the time scale manifold, dynamic integrable systems, e-learning technology and assessment in mathematics learning and teaching.
- Atiya H. Zaidi. Uniqueness of solutions to matrix equations on time scales. Electronic Journal of Differential equations, 2013(2013), No. 50, pp. 1-13.
- Atiya H. Zaidi. Existence of solutions and convergence results for dynamic initial value problems using lower and upper solutions. Electronic Journal of Differential Equations, 2009(2009), No. 161, pp. 1-13.
- C. C. Tisdell and A. H. Zaidi. Successive approximations to solutions of dynamic equations on time scales. Comm. Appl. Nonlinear Anal., 16 (2009), No. 1, pp. 61–87.
- C. C. Tisdell and A. Zaidi. Basic qualitative and quantitative results for solutions to nonlinear, dynamic equations on time scales with an application to economic modeling. Nonlinear Analysis: Theory, Methods & Applications, 68 (2008), no. 11, pp. 3504–3524.
- Atiya-tul-Hussain and Asghar Qadir. Length and volume of Qadir-Wheeler Suture model. Phys.Rev.D., 63 (2001), No. 8, 083502.