Lecturer, Environmental Science
Integrated Sciences and Mathematics (iSciM)
Dhanani School of Science & Engineering
Amber Ajani is a Fulbright alumna with a Master’s degree in Environmental Science from American University, USA. She has a broad work experience in the fields of conservation and academia. Prior to joining Habib University, she taught at Institute of Business Administration. She has also worked with International Union for Conservation of Nature (IUCN), Shehri-CBE and Subh-e-Nau Magazine on various projects dealing with environmental education, integrated coastal management, climate change and environmental journalism.
Her work experience further includes international consultancy projects with Iracambi in Brazil and Greenpeace in USA and various internships with environmental organizations in Pakistan as well as the U.S. She has developed a “Climate Change Directory for Pakistan” for the Friedrich Naumann Foundation (FNF) and her research publication deals with a comparative carbon sequestration study of urban trees.
Her areas of interest include climate change narratives in developing countries, food security and sustainability design.
- MS Environmental Science, American University, Washington D.C., USA
- BS Environmental Science. University of Karachi, Pakistan
Research publication: “Comparative status of sequestered carbon stock of Azadirachta indica and Conocarpus erectus at the University of Karachi campus, Pakistan”, May 2016, International Journal of Environment, Volume-5, Issue-2, pages 89-97 (ISSN 2091-2854)
“Climate Change Directory for Pakistan”, published by the Friedrich Naumann Foundation, 2016 (ISBN: 978-969-9491-13-2]
- “Future Workshop on Smart Cities and Modern Mobility”, International Academy for Leadership (IAF), Gummersbach and Frankfurt, Germany, May 14 – May 21, 2017
- Speaker, “Climate Change, Food Security and Health: Seeking Better Choices for Life”, Pak-US Alumni Network International Climate Change Conference, Islamabad, Pakistan, November 11-14, 2016.
- Represented American University at the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change 21st Conference of Parties (UNFCCC COP21) in Paris, France, November 30 – December 11, 2015
Awards and Honors
- Fulbright scholarship (2014-2016)
- Gold medal in BS Environmental Science, University of Karachi (2013)